Welcome to Downtown Columbia, the region’s new hub for culture and commerce. Columbia is consistently rated among the best cities in the nation to live. Situated between two great cities, it’s close enough to Baltimore and Washington, yet far away enough to have its own bold expression.
The dynamic transformation of Downtown’s nearly 400 acres includes corporate headquarters and new businesses that are thriving and attracted to the increasing amenities for their employees.
With a variety of retail, restaurants, and entertainment venues, Columbia also has access to some of the best schools and library system in the country, providing an ideal environment for individuals and families to thrive.
#1 Small City in America Money Magazine 2016
#1 Safest City in US WalletHub 2018
#2 Best for Jobs in US WalletHub 2019
#2 Innovative State
17% Projected Job Growth in 2020
Unrivaled Green Space
Forget the timid, the boring, the conventional, the suburban, the tired. Downtown Columbia’s Merriweather District is a place where business thrives, where people are entertained, connected, inspired and informed. Where minds are open. This is a place where you can grow boldly.
What does that mean?
It means we are creating an environment that accelerates progress and business. It means we have the ability to imagine a better tomorrow with you. It means we’re different. It means we’re a dramatically good place to call home.
- Centrally located between Baltimore, Annapolis, Washington D.C., and Frederick with easy access to I-95, Route 29, I-70, Route 100 and Route 32
- Close proximity to NSA, Fort Meade and Johns Hopkins APL
- 20-minute drive to BWI Amtrak Station with high-speed connections to D.C., Philadelphia and New York City
- Columbia voted #1 Best Place to Live – Money Magazine 2016
- 60% adults with college degrees in Howard County
- #1 Howard County’s Public School System Ranking in MD
About 6100 Merriweather Drive
- Located in Merriweather District’s urban, walkable neighborhood
- Steps away from first-class dining, entertainment and shopping options
- 100,000 SF of street-level retail in Phase One
- Walking distance to other Downtown Columbia amenities including Whole Foods, Lakefront dining, entertainment and The Mall in Columbia
- Adjacent to Juniper, a new luxury apartment building with 382 new residential units
- 150k square feet available for lease
- Rooftop terrace and meeting / event space
- Towel-serviced fitness facility
- Autonomous parking enabled 1,300-space parking garage
- Designed to achieve LEED-silver certification